Does Google Now know the difference between the use of Android Auto and a phone for parking?

A

AC Question

Everyday Google Now tells me where I parked my car with the card. I love the service and am excited about the prospects of Android Auto in vehicles in the future, as well as the aftermarket industry. But since Android Auto runs through the attachment of a device and acts as a screen, will Google Now still show the rough location of the phone when I park or will it used the GPS antenna on the vehicle to know exactly where I park? As a side question, does Google Now show the difference between the devices for those who have been using Android Auto?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I was under the impression that Android Auto was just a pass-through for certain apps (phone, messaging, Maps) on the phone that's connected to it. Does installation of an Android Auto head-unit include a GPS receiver? I would think it uses the one in the phone since it's drawing the maps off the phone also. There is no wireless communication between the HU and the phone so the HU won't be sending its location to the phone after the cable is unplugged.

kitchin

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
well that's where i was wondering about the integrated units to be produced, since they have their own gps systems if the AA will have access to this hardware. I didn't know if it could with the aftermarket or not. my car shields gps for all my phones i've had really well, but i don't have gps in my car. a dedicated unit under the window over the dash works fine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty