Why can't I see any files on my phone's SD card form PC? HTC Desire 500

A

AC Question

My SD card seems to work just fine. A file manager on my phone allows me to delete, move, rename files etc. I can see every folder and every file. But when I connect my phone to PC with USB, I see SD card half full, but with only couple of empty folders. No pdf, video nor music files I know are there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you connect via USB, swipe down the notification panel and tap the USB connection notification. That should show you the options. It's usually just MTP or PTP, although older phones also have a USB Mass Storage option.

Hatdojk

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
In notifications it just shows "USB connected". When I tap it, only portable hotspot & tethering settings show up.

Edit:
Ok, it's weird. I've just opened the internal memory form PC, and all files and folders from sd card are stuck there. It's 9GB of data while there is 1GB space in total on internal memory. How can I get it back to normal?

Last edited:

Hatdojk

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm afraid there is no such option. The thing is, that it was all fine for over a year. Recently I had to do factory reset (phone freezing couple of times a day) and now most of the folders and files from sd card are displayed in internal memory, but I can't move, copy or delete them from PC level.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site