[Q] Need help for galaxy s plus

A

AC Question

Hello everyone,
well i got my hands on a really f/up phone here's all the details :
the phone is a gt-i9001 ( galaxy s plus Orange) running stock 2.3.4 with TW , not rooted , actually it's my friend phone he installed a lot of apps (launcher task killer apps battery ect..) so i can't tell what app cause the problem.

the problem is that i get a force close loop wich a lot of people had and solved with a factory reset.
my real problem is i can't factory reset the phone :
1- can't access recovery mode (i tested all the hardware buttons combination it take me always to download mode )
2- i tried to uninstall all the apps but whenever i uninstall anything , it get back right after when restart the device
3- tried to format from settings>format usb... but no results nothing got deleted
4- tried to connect with pc and flash a new rom with odin i've installed samsung kies (old and 3.0 version) for drivers, but my pc doesn't recognize it
5- i even tried to connect it with the masse storage mode the device appear so i tried to delet at least all picures and videos, those got deleted but when i unplug and plug the phone again they still there.
i'm reaaally stuck , if someone could help me please , that would be great.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
If you obviously still have access to settings, you don't need to factory reset via the recovery mode, just from the Settings.
Yikes, I don't have my Samsung with me, so I think it's under Storage. I will check or someone correct me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38