why wont any of my photos and videos import to my computer from my galaxy s3?

A

AC Question

I have hooked up my phone and tried to connect it as a media device and a camera but none of my pictures will import and i have no more memory space and dont want to lose the pictures of my son. what do I do?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Is your computer seeing it when you connect as a media device? You say you've looked it up have you gotten the drivers for the device installed on your computer? Samsung has free downloads for drivers at their site. If you have the drivers and your computer is not seeing the device when connected it may be your cable. There are a few ways around a physical connection to your computer that will help, which can also be used to transfer items without ever connecting to your PC.

Use of a WIFI transfer tool. There are several on the market at the PS. These tools connect to your WIFI, which is connected to your PC if you are on the same router, and gives you a web type address that you can plug into your browser which then allows you to browse the files as though you were looking at them on the web. These tools allow you transfer files and data between the two devices as though you were moving files between folders on your PC.

You could use a file manager, also available on the PS. Most file managers like Astro or ES File Manger offer options for cloud storage which include; Dropbox, Google +, Google Drive, to name a few. You could use anyone of these services to drop the files on to the cloud and then retrieve them to your PC.

If you have one of those fancy PCs with a lot of bells and whistles you could BlueTooth the files to your PC. If your PC didn't come with it you can also buy aftermarket BT plug ins that go in one of your USB ports and should allow you to do transfers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87