Can anyone tell me a safe way to get pictures from a phone with a broken screen?

A

AC Question

I know this question is asked pretty consistently, but I am desperate. I'm not that great with phones or computers, and have done all sorts of research..and the answers I get are way over my head or don't work for my problem!! I need a sure fire answer please!

I had a Galaxy S5 active it was pattern code locked, I broke the screen and LCD, got it repaired and some how it was broken again within 3 days.. It has all of my sons pictures from his birth to when the phone broke, as well as my wedding pictures.. I have downloaded KIES, but I cant get my laptop to discover my device, my new phone or any phone broken or not! I just want my pictures from the broken S5and I will do what i takes to get them.. the screen was 300 to replace, but if i have to do that again I will. I'd rather figure out my laptop's issue with recognizing my phones though. I think I may have messed up my laptop when I got big for my britches and starting messing with drivers and things I didnt know about because i took advice off the internet and had no idea what I was doing, but if someone can help me youd would be the best. I am hurting over the loss of the pictures and I am smart enough to figure it out if someone can guide me through the process.. .thanks so much.