Samsung note 5 - transferring off my old phone to my new Note 5. Gallery empty

A

AC Question

I have just got my Samsung Note 5. As my previous phone was not a Samsung I copied everything off the old phone onto my computer. Then I copied from the Computer onto my Note 5. When I looked on the computer I could see all my pictures and files. When I disconnected the phone - all information not available on my phone. My gallery was empty. I then found everything hidden under "My Device" under "Apps" then "tools" then "My Files" but I don't want it there I want them in Gallery. I have tried everything to move them to Gallery but the information wont move there is no option to do that. Going forward I also do not want information to automatically go there. How do I change this option going forward and how do I move everything to my Gallery? Do I need to do it on the computer as I cannot find the options to "select all" and move to Gallery? Thank you so much for your help.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have just got my Samsung Note 5. As my previous phone was not a Samsung I copied everything off the old phone onto my computer. Then I copied from the Computer onto my Note 5. When I looked on the computer I could see all my pictures and files. When I disconnected the phone - all information not available on my phone. My gallery was empty. I then found everything hidden under "My Device" under "Apps" then "tools" then "My Files" but I don't want it there I want them in Gallery. I have tried everything to move them to Gallery but the information wont move there is no option to do that. Going forward I also do not want information to automatically go there. How do I change this option going forward and how do I move everything to my Gallery? Do I need to do it on the computer as I cannot find the options to "select all" and move to Gallery? Thank you so much for your help.

Welcome to Android Central!

You can try downloading a third party file manager like ES File Manger to move the files. Or you could download the Google Photos app and just upload them all to your Gmail account to be stored. I have all mine photos in the cloud backed up just in case. A lot of people seem to rely on their phones more often to take pictures. Losing or breaking your phone with out them being backed up could turn out to be bad. Just a thought to consider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty