My SD card is damaged and i don't want to reformat anything

A

AC Question

I've got a 32GB SD card in my iRulu v1s phone (4.4.2).
Yesterday I rebooted my phone and suddenly got a notification that The SD card is damaged. I searched online and tried using the cmd program but Windows didn't find any problem (A reason why this might not work is because I can't plug my SD card into the computer so I just let it remain in my phone).
Secondly, I realized that not only had my photos, files etc..."disappeared" but the sd card capacity is down to 5GB.
I've been keeping in mind that I wasn't downloading anything that would past the sd card capacity, so i wouldn't know why this happened.
Seems like my only choice now is reformatting but I really don't want my files to disappear so I'm not risking something like factory reset.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, I'm not sure what else you can do with the SD card without reformatting it. Do you have any other devices that you can put the SD card in to check it?

Threnody

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Ive tried everything i could but apparently, it says that it is write protected so i cannot delete or format anything... So ive searched on and on on how to remove write protected disks but no luck.
On the other hand, the SD card can be plugged into pc and i could still see all my files but there's no way i can get it to work on my phone or other phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty