Unable to access certain sites after a factory reset on a Boost Moto G

A

AC Question

I was able to avoid the Android system update to KitKat for a good two months or so but on Thanksgiving day, my phone betrayed me. Somehow it automatically did the update and I wanted to cry. I hated the new system and it completely and utterly screwed my phone. Before the update, the only problem I had with it was that you couldn't add memory. For a free phone (Moto G) that Boost gave me when I switched to them, it was pretty damn awesome.

Anyway, long story short, I had to break down and factory reset the thing because I wasn't able to do **** on the phone. Even though I still don't like the new system, the reset did fix all the issues I was having. But it created another, really annoying one. I can't access certain sites because I get a message that says "Web Access Restricted - your content filters do not allow you to access this site, please sign in to change", or something along those lines. I first noticed it when I tried to read the daily local Missed Connections on Craigslist. I remember having this issue once before a while back after a reset, but can not for the life of me remember how I fixed it. It's driving me friggin nuts. And for the record, I'm a 29 year old single mother, disabled army veteran and more than qualified to access damn well whatever site I please since I pay my own phone bill.

Any suggestions?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, regarding the issue you are having with the websites - when you access them, are you on the WiFi or your carriers data?

The reason I ask, some carriers put age restrictions on websites, so when you try and view something, which is apparently 18+ it will block you. If you are connected to the WiFi and don't have any parental control it should allow you to access the site.

Either way, if you are connected to the WiFi - give your WiFi provider a call and ask them to remove the restriction. If you are connected to your carrier internet, give them a call to remove the restriction.

It might be worth while registering an account with Android Central and heading over to our Moto G section encase you have any further questions regarding Lollipop or your device:

Moto G (2015) - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
Moto G (2014) - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
Moto G (2013) - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty