Why can't my galaxy note 4 use wifi?

A

AC Question

Ok, so let me premise this by saying that I have the technical aptitude of a 70 year old man, so please try and give any advice so that a toddler could understand it. So I've had my note 4 for a while now, and recently, I haven't been able to use wifi at my house. It says that it's connected, but I can't use the Internet, when I go to Google it says that I have no connection. My roommate has an iPhone 6, and has no problems connecting to the wifi, and I was able to use it for months with no issues, so I have no idea why all of a sudden it doesn't work. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. "I have the technical aptitude of a 70 year old man" has nothing to do with it. You have the technical aptitude of someone who spent his life not doing technical things. I'm 73, and could still design a complete cellphone, hardware and software, with a pencil and a legal pad. But I spent all of my life in communications electronics. (Ask me to play the piano, and I'm lucky if I can remember how to play Chopsticks with 2 fingers. And I can't draw a straight line.)

2. Read Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems. If that doesn't help, create a free account here, come back to this thread and post a reply (there will be a big box at the bottom labeled QUICK REPLY that you can type into) and we'll go from there.