I am Sushma Anandu Wanted to know, What will happen if i do not do the software update

sushmaanandu

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Hope you all doing great,

I am Sushma Anandu from India, I just checked my phone settings and got the software update options. I wanted to know what will happen, If I update my phone settings. Also does it remove all my data from the phone like songs, picture etc.

Thanks
Sushma Anandu

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Hope you all doing great,

I am Sushma Anandu from India, I just checked my phone settings and got the software update options. I wanted to know what will happen, If I update my phone settings. Also does it remove all my data from the phone like songs, picture etc.

Thanks
Sushma Anandu

Welcome to Android Central
Updating your phone with the system update will not erase your data or pictures, songs , etc.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You do not lose any data in software updates. Only about 1% of people experience failed updates resulting in having to reflash their firmware. (You do lose data with doing that)

The software updates will give you the newest features available for your device. Normally slightly better battery life will follow the update. You will get the latest security patches for your device.