I am using the default email app, have it set up with hotmail & a gmail acct, hotmail acct only stores last 10 days of emails despite me setting period to sync email to 'all'. Gmail is set up exactly the same but doesn't delete any emails?Now it is also not saving my 'sent' mails either? I tried installing the hotmail app, but that was even more useless?

I use hotmail on my macbook air using the default mac mail app and it works perfectly, keeping all received emails and all sent emails, so I don't understand why it auto deletes them on my S6 edge but it really annoying and quite dangerous and I use my phone for work too and if I send an email from my phone it doesn't show on my mail account that I use on my mac!
    01-21-2016 10:48 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm guessing that your Hotmail account is using the POP3 server. Try changing it to the IMAP server: Configure Outlook with an Outlook.com (Hotmail), Gmail, Office 365, Yahoo, AOL or iCloud account - HowTo-Outlook. IMAP works a lot better than POP3. You may have to remove your current Hotmail account from the Email app, then re-add it, but this time, enter the server settings manually, and make sure you enter the IMAP settings.
    01-21-2016 11:25 AM