Nexus 6p terrible battery

Zanders87

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with the battery on the 6p? Doesnt seem to be too bad on WiFi but definitely not good. On mobile data its just unacceptable and its not the screen on time that eats the most battery its my browser or app that I'm using. I've read some stuff about the radio active bug but no advice on how to resolve that. I'm on my second device now and I can barely get three hours of on screen time in an 10 hour work day and that would be 90% browsing with no gaming. Not acceptable for me but if there's a fix or maybe a custom rom that would help id be willing to try it before I return the phone. Thanks in advance.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I sympathise. My iPhone 4s eats battery when Mobile Data is switched on, even if I don't use the phone, and I've never been able to work out why.
I wonder whether in your case your supplier has got a duff batch and is replacing bad with bad without realising it.
I don't have a 6P but will refer this thread to some friends who do.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with the battery on the 6p? Doesnt seem to be too bad on WiFi but definitely not good. On mobile data its just unacceptable and its not the screen on time that eats the most battery its my browser or app that I'm using. I've read some stuff about the radio active bug but no advice on how to resolve that. I'm on my second device now and I can barely get three hours of on screen time in an 10 hour work day and that would be 90% browsing with no gaming. Not acceptable for me but if there's a fix or maybe a custom rom that would help id be willing to try it before I return the phone. Thanks in advance.

What browser are you using?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That is far from typical. If I was on a 10 hour charge cycle, I could expect 6 to 8 hours of SOT over that span.... actually I can get 6 or so over a 36 hour span, so the fact that you get only 3 is a bit troublesome.

What are the specifics? Have you tried doing a full factory reset of the phone? Is the mobile signal extremely weak in your area? Could you post a screenshot of your battery information so we could take a look at both what apps are using power and the breakdown of Active vs sleep, etc?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree with Leorex, a weak cell signal will eat your battery pretty quickly. Tap on the battery graph and check the signal bar. What do you have as "preferred network", 3G or 4G? Try keeping it at 3G and see if it makes a difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer