S5 Autorotate fail on lock

A

AC Question

Galaxy s5. A few days ago I ahd the phnoe unexpectedly shut down / restart a few times. Since then the autorotate function has not been functioning without intervention. have checked that autorotate is switched on of course. Here's what I've discovered to date:
1. Toggling autorotate on/off/on makes no difference
2. Deleting all recently installed/updated apps did not solve the problem, the process of restarting after having done so helped temporarily. (FYI I used addons detector app to determine if any unknown updates had occurred)
3. Switching to safemode resolves the issue, therefore it is a software generated problem rather than hardware (gyro etc). Presuming this also means it is a third party app?
4. after having done step 3, a few times I've toggled the autorotate off, restarted and turned it on again and it worked... until the lockscreen came on.

So, my conclusion (right or wrong) is that a third party app is having an impact behind the scenes during the lockscreen on period.

Any help appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The fact that the problem goes away in Safe Mode does point to a 3rd party app causing the problem. Unfortunately, you basically have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away, in order to pinpoint the culprit.