Galaxy s5. A few days ago I ahd the phnoe unexpectedly shut down / restart a few times. Since then the autorotate function has not been functioning without intervention. have checked that autorotate is switched on of course. Here's what I've discovered to date:
    1. Toggling autorotate on/off/on makes no difference
    2. Deleting all recently installed/updated apps did not solve the problem, the process of restarting after having done so helped temporarily. (FYI I used addons detector app to determine if any unknown updates had occurred)
    3. Switching to safemode resolves the issue, therefore it is a software generated problem rather than hardware (gyro etc). Presuming this also means it is a third party app?
    4. after having done step 3, a few times I've toggled the autorotate off, restarted and turned it on again and it worked... until the lockscreen came on.

So, my conclusion (right or wrong) is that a third party app is having an impact behind the scenes during the lockscreen on period.

Any help appreciated!
    k1o5 likes this.
    02-07-2016 06:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The fact that the problem goes away in Safe Mode does point to a 3rd party app causing the problem. Unfortunately, you basically have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away, in order to pinpoint the culprit.
    02-07-2016 09:59 PM