Nexus 5x doze issue

A

AC Question

The doze feature worked for me for a while. Maybe a month or so in my doze feature is just not kicking in. I have factory reset my phone and no joy, all my apps are optimised for battery other than 2 which I can't change, play services and DM service.

Does anyone know how to make this work again, without it my phone nearly makes it to 8 PM!

Thanks

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

Is your phone sitting on desk or table? If you have it in your pocket or in your car, Doze will not work. It has to be sitting stationary for Doze to kick in.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The doze feature worked for me for a while. Maybe a month or so in my doze feature is just not kicking in. I have factory reset my phone and no joy, all my apps are optimised for battery other than 2 which I can't change, play services and DM service.

Does anyone know how to make this work again, without it my phone nearly makes it to 8 PM!

Thanks
Welcome to Android Central!

Can you post a screenshot of your battery stats so we can see what apps are using the most %.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Is your phone ever getting into deep sleep? It looks like its being kept away by something. What does the History Details graph look like? Do you see a big ol' green bar in the "Awake" lane?

My money is that you are.... You might need to download a battery tool like GSAM to help find the app/function that keeping your phone awake. Doze won't run unless the phone is in idle (i.e. screen off, not being held awake).

pstrain

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I will download that and see what I can find out. It seems like it is being kept awake but I had no idea how to find out what it was. It is being kept awake alot by the looks of it.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
First.... Doze won't fire unless the phone is left be for about an hour (Doze has some timeouts and sensor detection stuff going on... )

Looking at that graph, there's that big chunk at the beginning where your phone is off and being kept awake. That's bad juju. Hopefully GSAM will help you figure out what's going nom-nom on your battery. It shouldn't get consumed that quickly.

pstrain

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah thanks I will keep an eye and let you know. I know doze won't kick in fast but I frequently leave it down over night and it used to keep charge till morning. Now it's losing 50%. How will I find out on gasm what's killing it?

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Wait.... That is troubling. There's nothing keeping your phone awake... 94% deep sleep. Doze is firing as well. 23% drain while in 6 hours while in Doze, but not really?

Have you tried a factory reset? It's like the battery capacity shrunk. I don't see anything that would explain a 40% drain in 8 hours with those usage stats. I'm worried there's something wrong being a rogue app.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
OK.... There's a lot in this information is is contradictory...

On the surface, your phone is in deep sleep 94% of the time. That is actually excellent. You're only looking at a few minutes an hour where the phone is being held awake. There are plenty of people who would love to see those kinds of numbers. But that's where things break down.

Doze... the numbers there make little sense. It is reporting that it was in Doze for over 5 hours, yet it says this was responsible for 23% of the total discharge. That works out to 4.3%/h discharge rate. That is more than you would expect from Doze, by a factor of 10. Doze, running, puts the system is an extremely low power state. On my 6P, I see drain rates under Doze 0.25% to 0.5%. So your phone is consuming 10 times the power it SHOULD while idle. Now, when the phone is sleeping and NOT in Doze, we see the same 4.3%/h drain rate.

Now, I just noticed that your Bluetooth is active the entire time. What do you have connected?

Try this.. reboot the phone, disconnect whatever device you have connected with BT and turn off bluetooth and test.