Booting into recovery mode just boots the device.

A

AC Question

I was messing around and trying to get Blisspop rom to work, but eventually gave up and flashed the official Shield Tablet 6.0 firmware. But for some reason every time I select recovery mode in fastboot or use fastboot commands to boot a custom recovery the tablet just boots up.
It's really bothering me since I can't install custom roms anymore.
Is anyone familiar with this?

Ceymoonie

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
(This was my question, but I couldn't find a replay button as a guest.)
Welcome to the forums. How did you reflash the stock images? Through fastboot?
I booted into fastboot mode and used the "flash-all" binary file included in the firmware download. I tried it a second time to see if it'd fix the problem but it didn't do anything other than resetting the user data.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
(This was my question, but I couldn't find a replay button as a guest.)

I booted into fastboot mode and used the "flash-all" binary file included in the firmware download. I tried it a second time to see if it'd fix the problem but it didn't do anything other than resetting the user data.

Might have been a bad flash. In the file, you should find a .zip file. Unzip it, and in that .zip file should be the recovery image. You can individually flash that. 'Fastboot flash recovery recovery(filename).img'. Ignore the quote marks, and replace the (filename) with the recovery name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith