Furiously Enraged - S4 will not silence incoming calls/notifications with rocker button anymore.

A

AC Question

I used to just squeeze my phones buttons in my pockets to make it shut up. Now my phone just won't shut the f*ck up and it is so motherloving annoying, especially while on the job and my air raid siren notification goes off and it takes me 5 ear piercing seconds to make a stupid swipe on the notification panel, which is hard to do with my case.
I don't want to swipe anything. I don't want to flip it over - it's gps mounted to the windshield or in my pocket. I hope the developers that thought it was so smart to remove this standard function and replace it with a flip to mute, I hope they never develop droid software again, to say it nicely.
Please, please help me. I'm even willing to root this piece of crap software. After a good 30 minutes of googling I still do not have a solution and this baffles me that everywhere around the world, people can't quickly shut up their S4's. Unbelievable. And unbelievably annoying. Is there an app? A setting? A root solution? PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU

Why the f*ck won't my droid STFU?!?!?!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, couple of things:

1) relax :)

2) If you two finger swipe down on your home screen you will see some toggles, look for the one that says "sound" or something similar to that. Press it once for "vibrate" and press it again for "silent"

3) what actually happens when you press down the volume rocker, does the volume no longer go down?

4) In your settings you will see something called "do not disturb" set this up - it will silence your phone for a period of time (chosen by you)

5) consider changing the notification tone to something a little more subtle :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon