how do I set a static IP on my droid Turbo?

A

AC Question

At work, I need to configure many new wifi radios that have been installed all around the facility. They all have the same default IP address and configurable with a browser. I'd like to be able to use my Turbo running a browser to access and reconfigure each radio. I can't figure out how to setup a static IP. I've tried two apps; "Wi-Fi Fixer" and "Wi-Fi Static" with no luck. Any help would save me hours of backbreaking work dragging a laptop to each radio and plugging in. Thanks!
Mike

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. They'll all have different IP addresses once they get connections.

2. To set a static IP, first look in the router (use a browser) to see what range the DHCP server covers - your static IPs should be within the first 3 numbers but not 0, 1 or 255 for the last number, of within the DHCP range. (If DHCP is set to cover 2 to 254, you'll have to change it. And remember, a single router can only handle 253 devices.)

3. You don't need a laptop - open Wifi on the phone and set it for a static IP address (which gives you nothing that a dynamic IP won't, unless you're using the phones as servers).

There are really almost no situations in which you need a static IP address for a phone. (And that only affects the Wifi IP address - the mobile data IP address is still going to be dynamic, and you can't change that.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87