Phone reboots when data is off.

A

AC Question

My phone reboots constantly when my data is off. I've one the usual things I can think of when I troubleshoot it, clear the cache, checked the apps, etc. but it still wants to reboot when the data is off and it constantly does that. It worked fine at first, but all of a sudden it rebooted, and kept rebooting every two minutes after that. When I connect to Wifi for example, it have no problem.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! What device do you have and which android version is it running? You could try safe mode to disable temporarily all third party apps. If the problem stops it means the culprit is an app that you downloaded. Also, you could check the running apps in your settings and see if there's something unusual there. Tell us how it goes.

dasreaper

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I have rebooted in safe mode, but I am still running into the issue with the reboot when the data is off. The OS that I am running is 5.1, I can't give the exact version, but according to the phone, it was up to date. The phone itself is a droid turbo, and I can't see any other issue with any of the software's on the phone. It was working fine for a day and the next afternoon it decided that it had a mind of its own.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for registering! You could try a couple of things. First wipe the cache partition via recovery mode. These are Motorola instructions.

https://motorola-global-portal.cust...prod_answer_detail/a_id/102367/p/30,6720,9277

If the problem persists you can check if there is something stuck in your sync settings. Go to settings - accounts and tap on each one there to see if any of them are having problems.

In that screen you can switch auto-sync data off (three dots top right) and see if the phone still reboots on its own. Tell us how it goes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer