Will this work for my device

jmcinvale

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have an LG Optimus Exceed 2 with Android version 4.4.2 and was looking for a way to install apps to the external SD card.

Found this method to switch the internal and external SD cards.

Switch internal and external memory card - Post #0

Will this work for my phone?

I want to be absolutely sure before I even think of trying it and will back up all my data in case it screws the phone up.

Now if there is a way that doesn't involve editing system files I'd prefer that.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The post was originally generated in 2013, plus you need to be rooted. I would surely hate to be the one to say it would work and then it doesn't. Your best bet is to join XDA, post to the original thread, and ask for advice pertaining to your phone. Personally, I wouldn't attempt it unless I was willing to brick the phone. You just never know.

jmcinvale

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The phone is rooted.

I do know that changing the "persist.fuse_sdcard = true" to false if the other steps are not done will brick the phone.

Will have to join that site and ask.

I clicked on something and saw the whole rest of that thread and it looks like thee is no swap for Kit Kat meaning that won't work on my phone.

Is there any other way to get apps to be moved and run from the external SD card?

It's as if it is a limitation of the phone itself maybe Verizon specified to make it so that if people want more app storage they have to get a better phone and an actual plan versus prepaid?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Is there any other way to get apps to be moved and run from the external SD card?

It's as if it is a limitation of the phone itself maybe Verizon specified to make it so that if people want more app storage they have to get a better phone and an actual plan versus prepaid?
I honestly don't know anymore since at some point in Kitkat, they did stop allowing apps to be installed on the SD. Can't remember which version though. Yes, all carriers want you to spend more money on a plan and a more powerful phone. It's their business, after all, and none of them are likely to give you leeway on prepaid.

jmcinvale

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
So far Verizon prepaid has been very good. Recently went in the store to pay my bill and while checking on my phone to see if the payment posted I decided to check plans and saw where they had a better prepaid plan. So for the same $60 I was paying I get 5 gigs of data now with the same unlimited talk and text, whereas before I was getting like 2.5 gigs of data and 1 gig extra for automatic payments.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89