Galaxy Tab 3 very slow after login to google account!

A

AC Question

Hi, did a factory reset on my tab 3 (p5210). Did this to clear the previous owner's info.

If I do not login into my google account, the tab 3 perfoms excellent. Example: the Galaxy app updates download and installs without any issue. I can download and install any app from Galaxy apps for that matter. Another example: the google maps app starts up fine and I can it at leasure

Once I login to my Google account, the tab's performance is dreadfull. The Play store updates do not download and if they do (which takes hours), the updates fail. When trying to use the Google maps app, the screen goes "white", it seems to freeze.

I'm stumped as to why.

Any suggestions how to troubleshoot this? Any pointers what to look for?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you mention "logging into your Google account," do you mean adding your Google account in Settings>Accounts​?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You sure, you are just not being patient enough? Whenever you restore a new device from the cloud a MILLION and 1 apps have to restore to the device and it takes forever and sometimes days for the device to recover and preform normally again. I have seen app restores take up to several days! And while it's happening yes the device can be sluggish!

Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello troos, welcome to the forums at Android Central!

I also have a Galaxy Tab 3 and it did feel sluggish after the last major update.
After a week, I just had it and did a factory reset.
After login in to all my accounts, I left it downloading all my apps during the night.
The next day was used updating said apps and after that, my tablet was good to go.

Hopefully yours will wake up and work fine. Let us know how it goes.

troos

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
No joy, so I visited the local Samsung shop. They reload the Android 4.2.2. This also didn't resolve my issue. Went beck to the store, the technician tells me the Google Play version is to new for my Tab.

Yeah right, I thought. But, I installed version 1 Google Play Store and...... JOY!!