Stop Ads from loading when I unlock my phone

Norgoth

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, something is putting advertising up on my phone and it pops up whenever I unlock my phone from having put it down for awhile. I had recently installed two apps which I uninstalled and the problem persists. I restarted my phone just in case, but still have the problem. Anyone have thoughts as how I can track down the culprit app or whatever is making it happen? The ads are about apps I should get in the Play Store, some battery saver, guardian something and another one. My phone is an HTC10 running Nova Launcher Prime.

Thanks, John

Last edited:

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Love Nova prime, a great launcher!
If you can't track down the source and block notifications therefrom, an adblocker may be the go. I have adguard on my devices and never get bothered by any popups or ads..

Norgoth

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't have file explorer, but I have read that Facebook has this Ad Alliance thing going on and perhaps the ads are coming from that? I have no idea how to stop it though. Going to install Adguard. Thanks

Norgoth

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Before I installed Adguard, I checked all my installed apps. There was something call: com.ebay.carrier. I checked the web and it seems that no one knows what it is for. I uninstalled it. I will update here if that fixes the problem

Norgoth

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I fixed the issue. I loaded up All In One Toolbox and then loaded the as detect plugin. It then checked all apps with advertising. The first app I uninstalled was something like Boingo Pop up. I uninstalled it and no more pop-ups.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87