People having pop ups about their Android being infected.

A

AC Question

Hi. There have been popup ads that say "you have 4 virus(es) on your android device. The virus will infect you phone and it's SIM card." in browsers on a lot of phones. I saw a install NOW button and I ignored it. So I installed AVAST antivirus and it said there is no virus after doing a scan. So I uninstalled it, and I pressed install now on the pop-up ad and it redirected me to Google Play on the go antivirus page. Last week on Google Play it said in the tools category that it was the 3rd popular app in the tools category. Today it is the 12th of August 2016 and it now says that it is the second popular app. This means that this pop-up ad has become significant. Really, the ad is a scam and so is the the go antivirus. Please ignore that ad.

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
It's becoming harder and harder to tell a real pop-up/warning from a bogus warning. The best thing I can offer anyone who suspects or is suspicious of an ad or pop up.. is to avoid it all together.. close the window. But this all could have been avoided IF one is mindful of what they download via the app store or an alternative app site.
If you are able to locate the app's source (where you downloaded the app containing this pop-up) I would report this to Google & Android's security team/developers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress