Hey guys, I'm just curious. Does anyone ever use the name 'Zedge' like a noun?

A

AC Question

An existing example is Google (you can google that) or Facebook (just FB me). Does the same thing happen for Zedge?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
re:

You mean use like a verb, but I get it. I would say Zedge is not quite there YET, but they are probably THE most popular 3rd party ringtone and wallpaper agitator app.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Thanks for that insight. Why do you think YET as opposed to just outright no?

Well for 1 thing they need to get along better with the other half of the market, the iOS crew. On the iOS side you can't get ringtones anymore, plus it was always difficult, which is not necessarily their fault. Also I'm not quite sure if loading extra ringtones and wallpapers (beyond the ones included with the OS) is THAT mainstream yet. I know many do it, but is it so widespread even your grandma does it? (or in my case my 75 year old mother) My mom googles often, but I don't think she has ever changed her ringtone, although my 20 something niece may have changed it for her a few times. Otherwise she could care less!

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok I just called my mom, who happened to be with my sister (late 40ies). Of course as predicted mom knew exactly what I meant when I said google needlepoint, BUT she had no idea how to zedge the latest Britney Spears song. HOWEVER my sister knew!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious if the iOS users even go that far out of their way to set up a custom ringtone. Zedge has a pretty simple process that I'm wondering if iOS blocks at the system level.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious if the iOS users even go that far out of their way to set up a custom ringtone. Zedge has a pretty simple process that I'm wondering if iOS blocks at the system level.

I think ringtones are back on the iOS version, but it's still more complicated, you have to use iTunes to sync up with the phone and get the ringtones loaded after you pick them out. Plus you must install an add on helper program on your PC or Mac

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty