Cannot remove accuweather from my home page screen

A

AC Question

Someone from Verizon store activated accuweather onto my home page screen. I do not like it and want to delete it, however I have been all over settings etc and cannot find anything that tells me how to do this

Thanks
Bev Katz

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Press your finger on the widget and hold still for about 2 seconds. It will then allow you to drag the widget. At that point, a "Remove" option should appear at the top of the screen. Without lifting your finger, drag the widget until your finger is over the "Remove" option and then lift your finger. The widget will be removed from your screen at that point.

Alternately, if you don't want the app at all, uninstalling the app will also remove the widget. Uninstalling the app can be accomplished by using the same method as removing the widget, but touch and drag the app icon from the app drawer to the "Uninstall" option at the top of the screen.

A

AC Question

Trouble deleting accuweather

This is a revision of a prior post. I am trying to get rid of the display of Accuweather off my home page on galaxy s5.. there are no widgets nor apps listed under apps, app manager throughout the settings so I cannot remove it that way.
Thanks Bev Katz

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Trouble deleting accuweather

Apparently an app which you downloaded offers a direct link to this informational app.. Several areas to focus on attempting to remove this "widget" not an app.. locate the widget screen by swiping the screen to the left or right. The widget would not be in the settings.. moreover it would be located on the secondary window under the widget heading. Scroll through and locate the widget and select the options available to you, This means selecting the accuweather widget and scrolling through it's options.. taping the 3 dots or lines in the top right of your screen if applicable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa