Will there be a fix for Verizon tablet QMV7B for moving apps to SD card?

cobiemoser

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I have an Ellipsis 7 QMV7B running software version MV7B_41D37_442 and Android version 4.4.2.

According to Verizon Support they have a process to update the software that allows more control over the storage. Will this process make it possible to move apps to an SD card? If yes, when will this be available and what do I have to do to get the update?

Are there any other options to enable me to move apps to the SD card?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
We really don't know the answers on this. Verizon is notoriously slow on releasing updates to their devices. Most likely when it's released there will be a support page that outlines what changes are included in the update, also the update should be available OTA, which means over the air, that is you go in to the Tablet's settings, check for updates, then run it and update. It's swipe down, or app drawer, and Settings cog, then System Update, THEN Check for Update. If available you'll be given the option to Download and install.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Be aware that "moving apps to the SD card" actually moves pieces of the app, and leaves pointers to the pieces in main storage. So if the piece moved is smaller than a pointer (name, location, etc.) - and that depends entirely on the individual app - y9ou're using more internal storage, you're not freeing up (And a lot of apps (ALL widgets, among the list) won't run from the card.

Moving apps to the SD card is NOT the way to gain storage - getting a phone with more internal storage is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty