Must Disable Wi-Fi to Send Pictures or Videos

A

AC Question

I have a Galaxy S4 on Verizon and have gradually come to realize that I'm unable to (1) send photos via text message (MMS), (2) use my bank's app to deposit checks (which involves transmitting an image), or (3) upload videos on WeTransfer -- until wi-fi is disabled. All three work fine using 4G data.

The issue is obviously not with my texting program because the same thing happens when I try to send photos or videos on any app. And it's not a problem with my router or network because the same thing happens no matter where I am: I get error messages until I shut off wi-fi. It's a minor inconvenience for photos via message or check deposits, but if I want to send a video I can do so only by drawing down my limited data allowance. Verizon's only suggestion was to disable my antivirus program, which didn't help.

Any suggestions?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) requires a data connection. Why Verizon didn't tell you that is beyond me, much less disable your antivirus app. You can't send MMS via wifi.

BlebNevus

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I'm surprised to hear this, but it still doesn't explain why I must also disable wi-fi to send photos or videos through other apps. I spoke to two Tier-2 tech support reps at Verizon (one of whom contacted the network support reps) and none of them had heard of this before. Nor could they offer any suggestions -- once disabling the antivirus program failed to produce results -- other than wiping out all software on the phone and starting again. Hoping someone here can come up with something better...

GRIMWALD

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Try turning on "Aggressive WiFi/ cell handover" to on, in Developer options(turn device off and then back on after the setting change).
As a side question, were you issued a new Sim card with the new phone?
If it is an old Sim, have it replaced with a new one.

GRIM

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer