wifi sign in virus

A

AC Question

Hey guys facing this wierd problems since past few days when I connect my phone to my home network I can access the network(there is internet) there is exclamation mark besides my wifi network and a wierd sign in to my wifi network notification pops up when I click that it redirects me to a website there is notification that your moto g3 has a virus something odd!Please help is this adware or my router is infected my other phone on the network does the same thing but only in android I have tested with iphone no problem at all and my laptop is fine too

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys facing this wierd problems since past few days when I connect my phone to my home network I can access the network(there is internet) there is exclamation mark besides my wifi network and a wierd sign in to my wifi network notification pops up when I click that it redirects me to a website there is notification that your moto g3 has a virus something odd!Please help is this adware or my router is infected my other phone on the network does the same thing but only in android I have tested with iphone no problem at all and my laptop is fine too

I have seen routers get malware. iOS and MACs aren't typically targeted, so that may be why. Your best bet is to visit your router manufactures website, and search for new firmware, if it's older and you have the newest then simply download the same version and re flash the firmware on the router. This should resolve the issue

p-unit72

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Well there is no firmware upgrade option in my cable modem should I buy a new cable modem can you suggest one cable modem + router which is realiable and safe thank you,And just curious how could one infect the router isn't it impossible to do it ?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Well there is no firmware upgrade option in my cable modem should I buy a new cable modem can you suggest one cable modem + router which is realiable and safe thank you,And just curious how could one infect the router isn't it impossible to do it ?

Do you currently have a modem/router combo? Or separate units?
And are any of the above provided by your internet provider?

p-unit72

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes the modem+wireless router(inbuilt) [Technicolor company] provided by the ISP should I buy from cisco And one more wierd thing is that when I go to the router page 192.168.0.1 and login it says there is already somebody logged in while I am the only one accessing the wifi no matter how many time I change my password

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes the modem+wireless router(inbuilt) [Technicolor company] provided by the ISP should I buy from cisco And one more wierd thing is that when I go to the router page 192.168.0.1 and login it says there is already somebody logged in while I am the only one accessing the wifi no matter how many time I change my password

Modem / Router combos are JUNK. Personally I would see if you can get a Stand alone modem from your ISP, and then buy a router.
Cisco are garage. That is my opinion. I have worked in the industry for many years. Used to LOVE Linksys, until Cisco starting making them, they went down the toilet. I prefer Netgear, DLINK or Asus.
As for someone else being logged in. That could have a lot to do with the Malware you have on it. You may just want to call your ISP first and see what they are willing to do before you go out and spend the money, but stay away from the combo units nothing but headaches and trouble