Why is samsung email app creating calendar hyperlinks?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A and am using the default Samsung email app to manage my emails. Is there a way I can prevent the app creating automatic hyperlinks to calendar in the body text of an email?
e.g. it interprets some numbers as a time of day, or if it finds the word 'today' in the email text, it wants to create a calendar event.
Extremely annoying.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
It often does this related to Android in general and how the webview works. It would also link out phone numbers and locations as well I imagine? I don't know how to turn it off in the default app, but in MailDroid there is a setting to not link urls, emails, numbers, addresses in an email when composing it.

iainsimo

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
This was originally my post.
I only want what are genuine hyperlinks (i.e links to web pages, or email addresses) to be linked in any mail I receive. I don't want words like 'today' or numerical references like 3:16 (e.g. Biblical chapter/verse references are usually seperated by a colon) to be interpreted as calendar days or times. I don't need phone numbers interpreted as links, either.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87