Why do I keep getting all these emoji pictures in my gallery?

A

AC Question

Hi, I have a LG Volt 2 and over the last 3 months or so I've been getting over 200 emoji pictures in my gallery. Can someone tell mu why this is and how to stop it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They're stored on your phone and Gallery shows all non-hidden files on the phone. There should be a file named .nomedia (yes, it starts with a dot) in whatever folder those files are in - to prevent Gallery from showing them. (The leading dot makes .nomedia hidden, and the presence of .nomedia makes all files and folders in the folder hidden.)

clownwhisper

Jan 7, 2018
Visit site
They're stored on your phone and Gallery shows all non-hidden files on the phone. There should be a file named .nomedia (yes, it starts with a dot) in whatever folder those files are in - to prevent Gallery from showing them. (The leading dot makes .nomedia hidden, and the presence of .nomedia makes all files and folders in the folder hidden.)
What is making all of your files in gallery unreadable? The gallery has a specific purpose or aren't those files actually in the gallery perhaps I'm missing what the gallery is. Does it show files from all over the place?

Phat Ass

May 18, 2018
Visit site
I too am getting them by the dozens. I keep deleting them a few days later a whole bunch of emojis are back. I have an LGK20 . Not a great phone. But I DO NOT download or even search these things. Yet they do still show up. In my pictures folder on my homescreen. The reply you got was not accurate. These are not hidden files... What could be causing it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non