Chrome redirecting to ad sites, once.

A

AC Question

Quite a while ago my brother downloaded something on his computer, which got infected with some sort ofmalware. The malware would start chrome and open up/redirect to ad sites and similar stuff. A few days later my computer got the exact same problem even though I hadn't downloaded anything strange nor had I clicked any ads. It pretty much came out of the blue. I did, however, manage to get it away with a malware removal tool.

Now the weird part is that today, I got a similar thing happening to my android phone. I opened up chrome and clicked on a phonearena link, and suddenly, like 5 of those ad sites pops up at the same time, so I clicked away... and that was pretty much it... I haven't got redirected or anything by chrome since. Everything seems normal. It's just that the kind of sites that popped up seemed very similar to those on the computers. And I should point out that I haven't dowloaded anything strange on my phone either.

Since all these devices are using the same network, it got me thinking that maybe it's some sort of dns malware. However, there are devices here that uses the same network and haven't had problems like this.

I'm interested to see if anyone else have had a similar problem with their phone. I've heard of people who've had chrome redirecting to the point of making the browser unusable, but that's not the case for me. It randomly just opened up bunch of ad sites once, but that still made me a little paranoid since I just got a new phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87