Moto Z Bluetooth Phone Car Audio Stopped Working with 6.0.1 Update - Toyota

A

AC Question

I have the new Moto Z. I have a 2016 Toyota car. When I got the new Moto Z in the summer, I connected to my car through Bluetooth no problem. I could make calls, read texts, listen to audio, etc.

Fast forward to right around the time of the latest software update (early October). All of a sudden, everything still worked EXCEPT the audio playback through the speakers when on a phone call through the Bluetooth connection to the Toyota call. All of a sudden, I just hear zero audio - no ringing, no talking, nothing. I can still listen to audio from other sources on the phone, such as music and videos, through the Bluetooth connection. Text messages still display on the car's touchscreen. In fact, when I receive a call everything is normal except I cant hear the audio. The touchscreen on the car display shows the phone number calling, the time of call, etc... so the call is connected. The people on the other end can hear me. I just cant hear them.

Bottom line - the Bluetooth connection seems to be fine for everything except the incoming audio on a phone call.

Here's what I've tried so far:
1) I played with all the settings in the Toyota, and made sure the audio and playback volume settings were proper. They were.
2) I took my phone to two other Toyota vehicles, paired to the Bluetooth in those vehicles, and had the same problem.
3) Took my wife's iPhone and paired it to my car, and that worked just fine. I could hear all calls as normal.
4) I did a factory reset on my phone, and once I reset I immediately tried again with my car. No fix.

I'm not certain its related to the 6.0.1 software update that was released early October, but all of a sudden the phone audit just stopped coming through my car right then. I am 100% certain I made no changes to my phone or the Toyota system that would have done anything to affect this.

Help would be appreciated!