Samsung Galaxy S7 box had no seal?

A

AC Question

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7 that is shipped and sold by Amazon.com and is unlocked US version G930U. to my surprise when I received it yesterday, it came in a cardboard box, no air pack for protection, nothing and it was falling out of the sleeve.

The box it's contained in and the sleeve had NO SEAL. It makes me question the legitimacy of the item and whether or not it's really new. The S7 box was rather worn and beat up but as far as I can tell the phone looks fine.

Anyone else get something like this? Does it vary from box to box or something? I tried watching unboxing videos and a lot of them had a seal on it but it also seems phone's that are by a specific carrier had a seal. I was just really depending on that seal by Samsung that says, "Do not accept if seal is broken" for peace of mind unless someone has to open it to unlock it once it leaves the factory

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Have you contacted the vendor or Amazon about it? It ought not to have been badly packaged, nor sold with a broken seal unless explicitly described as such by the vendor.

Sent from mTalk

dart102

Dec 23, 2016
Visit site
I also just received a Samsung Galaxy S7 direct from Samsung web site. No seal on the box. Every cell phone I've purchased has had the security seal on the box. Via email, Samsung CS was no help. I was asked "Does the device appear to be damaged or used ? If you are concerned about your product then we highly suggest you return the item before your 30 days are over. Thanks for choosing Samsung. Happy Holidays" I was hoping for some kind of explanation or re-assurance that all was well. Mine is unlocked and manufactured in Viet Nam. My thought was that perhaps they do not do the security seal. But that would seem odd since so many products have seals on them, including cell phones. You would think that after the Note fiasco, Samsung would do everything possible to improve their image. I'm very uncomfortable purchasing an expensive cell phone with no security seal on the box. The phone does look new - everything seemed in place in the box, with the film on the front and back of the phone. I decided not to touch anything until I can talk with their CS on the phone. I didn't remove the films as I feel that my best bet would be to return the phone. I will update after I talk with Samsung CS.
Update 12-23-16. I called Customer Service this morning and talked with three different reps.
All three were very professional and tried to assist me with my question.
The first lady (heavy accent) told me that the seal indicates that the phone is within warranty. It's not about the device itself. To be honest, I don't get it but because I was having difficulty understanding her I simply agreed. She the transferred me to Sales but I ended up in Accessories. The guy there was very courteous but of no help and he transferred me to Sales. The young lady in Sales was very helpful and understanding. She checked the IMEI and confirmed that the phone was indeed brand new and was shipped from their warehouse.
She also confirmed that the warranty was in place. The total call was 44 minutes with about 35 minutes spent with the young lady
Nobody seems to know why some phones have seals and others do not have seals. From the youtube unboxing videos it seems that Carrier models have seals and unlocked models do not have seals.
I'm convinced that my unit is brand new - and as nahoku observed, the box was original, nice and clean.
I am satisfied with the CS desire to help and the manner in which they handled my questions.
I have a Google phone (Nexus 6P) and good luck getting to talk to a warm body for anything. The most I got from them was being directed to a web site with numerous problems listed and pursuing it on my own. I spent about 5 hours - got disgusted - put the phone on Swappa and ordered the Galaxy S7.

Last edited:

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Both my Note 4's and my Note 10.1 2014 tablet didn't come sealed. My original Note 4 from a Verizon store was unsealed. My tablet, new from Amazon, was unsealed. And my spare Note 4 (used) from ebay had no seal on the box, nor evidence there was ever one. The boxes were all original Samsung though... nice, clean. Not sure what you should do, but certainly if you're not satisfied, return/exchange the device claiming poor delivery handling, item looks used, or something along those lines. Amazon shipping/packaging has been sucky for a long time now!

mostlyLG

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
I experienced the exact same thing with my G5 except my phone was sold by someone else and fulfilled by Amazon. I really would like to know if my phone's box ever had a "Do not accept if seal is broken" sticker. If any of you have found any resource about this please let me know, thanks!