How do numbers end up in my favorites folder

A

AC Question

How do certain phone numbers or contacts end up in my phone under my favorites or frequently contacted? there's a list of certain people who show up under frequently contacted. Does this mean their all contacts that I talk to alot or have in the past and how far back does it go in regards to when I contacted these people last?
Are they able to show up in there if I have only contacted them once a long time ago?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Apparently, there's no rhyme or reason with this feature. People you purposely add to favorites will show up, but others, for one reason or another, also end up there. Kind of makes favorites useless, doesn't it? I've even had numbers I've dialed a single time end up in favorites. I just clear the list from time to time and for the most part, I've learned to ignore what's there.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it's a useless function, makes no sense at all.. You'd think that they would at least get the phone related apps right by now.... Contacts is a shambles with duplicates, missing contacts, it's a pain to edit and it is far from intuitive... Needs more work

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! On my Phone app (on a Nexus 6P), the Favorites tab (with the star) shows my Starred contacts first, and the Frequently Called below them as I scroll down. So at least your Starred apps are prioritized.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana