Weird picture shows up in gallery. Didn't take it.

A

AC Question

I was deleting pictures from my gallery and I noticed the last picture shown in the gallery was not taken by me. I was at home and didn't take a picture at the time the picture showed it was taken in Details. The picture looks like a logo of sorts but it says "Atom Holocau" and part of word is cut off. Creeped out. How could this happen?

Rikku Watro

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
It might have been created by an app you installed. Check each of your apps' permissions, and if you see permissions that seem invasive (e.g. read phone status and identity) you can uninstall those apps. I also had an Anti Adware app which scans apps for ad permissions.

I once had a particular app (I forgot what it was called) and one day, it suddenly generated images without me knowing! Eventually, I uninstalled it and deleted those photos, and then more recently I factory resetted and restored backup data to my phone (due to another android.process.acore issue happening)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Remember that the Gallery app will show any image saved to any directory, as long as there isn't a file called ".nomedia" in that directory. Apps will often cache images in a directory for quick access, and if the app developer wasn't savvy enough to add a .nomedia file to the directory where those cached images are saved, the images will show up in the Gallery app.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Just delete the image and carry on.:)

Muffin571

Mar 18, 2018
Visit site
I have literally thousands of logos that appeared in my gallery from websites I've visited like travel sites. This is the second time this has happened and I don't know why itz happening. It literally takes hours to delete since each one has to be selected to delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty