How Do I transfer photos to PC at high resolution?

A

AC Question

I have a Verizon Galaxy Note Edge. Although I set the camera to the highest resolution, when I transfer photos to the PC using USB, copy, and paste, files are transferred as JPGs with 72 PPI.

How can I transfer the "raw" files?

Tank you!

Doctor T

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure I agree with the copy/paste technique.. Once connected to their computer, opening 2 windows (one showing the smart phone, the other show the desired location within the computers files) A folder would be need to be created unless one was created before hand.

Once both windows are open, Highlight click/hold/drag all those images you want moved from your smart phone to your computer. this can be accomplished in one stroke or a single image at a time. This way you're able to control where each image should end up and what folder.

Doctor TR

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Dear colleagues,

I tried "dragging" the files but the resolution is still 72 PPI.

FYI, these are my camera settings: Auto, Flash On, 5312 by 2988, HDR On.

Any other suggestions? Thank you!

Doctor TR

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay, the picture size in the phone is 5312 X 2988. What's the picture size in the computer after you paste the picture. (Ppi depends on the screen size, as well as the picture file - the larger the screen for the same picture file, the lower the ppi. The same number of pixels displayed on a much larger screen results in fewer pixels per inch.)