Android Debug Bridge

A

AC Question

Hi, I'm new here and new to Android, so please bear with me.

I have an android Set Top box (STB) a MXQ Pro 4K. I am trying to take images of it so I can analyse the data on it. Being new to android I am having difficulty communicating to the device via ADB. I have installed the Android SDK, enabled USB debugging and connected the device via a USB cable. When I use the 'adb devices' command the daemon starts successfully but no devices are listed. I even tried 'adb tcpip <port>' but refused to connect. I also tried adding the vendor ID to the C:\Users\<username>\.android\adb_usb.ini. I also tried 'adb connect <IP Address>' but had the error 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (10061)'

The STB has its own software for flashing the image files to it but not for taking them. I have also tried various drivers for android including the one that came with the software for flashing the ROM. Unless I find a way to communicate with it my project is a complete fail.

I have been doing a lot of reading into android in general and looked at many forums trying to learn what I can but I just cant seem to communicate with it. Even tried telnet, SSH, FTP on a whim but as expected it failed.

What am I missing here? Can anyone help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress