Water and Android Phone

ikedervaals

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi Android Forum Team, i just wanna ask what are other signs of damage charging port cause by water? im using samsung j2, i search a bit in google it says that it wont charge your device? Thanks in Advance

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
There is no straight answer to that. It will depend on what how much, where...
Have you plugged in a charger and shorted it while it was wet?
There are just too many variables. That said, if you dunked the device and subsequently it won't change, then water damage would be my first suspect. If the water got inside the phone, then other damage could give the same symptoms..
Best to back it up while you still can and take it to a repair shop where they have the tools to disassemble it and see what went bad. Water and electronics don't mix and invariably end in tears.

ikedervaals

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply sir, i'm washing my hands, i didn't notice that some water droplets are hitting my phone, and i notice that there is a water droplet beside the charging port of my phone, i check it using a flashlight i dont see any water residue inside the small charging port, and i charge my phone earlier, and it charge well, i guess im a little bit paranoid? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87