Looking to update from Droid Turbo..but should I wait?

A

AC Question

I love my Turbo and almost everything is great.. Except the power button! It got jammed a little while ago, and more recently, my phone has been shutting on/off at random, and that's no good. So I've been thinking of getting an upgrade.

However, battery life is one of the most important factors for me when it comes to a smartphone, and the Turbo, which came out in 2014, has a nice 3,900 mAh battery.

Why, then, for newer device, are batteries so much lower? Should I just wait and live with my non-functional-at-times phone until something better comes along? It's interesting that it's 2.5 years later and the batteries seem to almost be getting worse.. (But perhaps I don't understand this type of tech well enough.)

Anyway, thoughts on the matter are appreciated! I was thinking of the Google Pixel, but it seems underwhelming.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It most likely has to to do with the trend towards thinner phones (while still trying to pack more features in them), which means the battery has to be smaller. The Moto Z Force Droid is one of the current battery champs, so that might be one to consider.