Terrible scrolling browser

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone else get very unresponsive scrolling in the browser? I get that and constant freezes, the scrolling is unusable for me, any help?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

leeshor

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Couple possible reasons. Changing browsers would be a start, either Dolphin for Pad or Opera Mobile. If that doesn't help, crashing while browsing can frequently be traced to issues with the WiFi connection. Try a different channel in your router but at the minimum restart it.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If it's a flash intensive site, I've noticed that switching to Performance mode does work better. I still get reboots suing the stock browser on these sites, though. I'm sure they'll fix it with updates eventually. Just remember that you're an early adopter and there will be pains.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If the stock browser is giving you headaches, you can try Boat Browser in the market. So far, it seems to give the smoothest experience I've seen.

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
It's the browser. Stock ICS browser is pretty choppy. I use ICS Browser+ and it works flawlessly. I've heard great things about Boat Browser as well.

John566

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I installed the newest update this morning and I'm still getting the stock browser hang where it asks if I want to "Wait" or "Report". I can always click "Wait" right after that and it works great again for a while. I was really hopping the update would fix this. Anyone else getting that error before or after the update? Thanks.

John566

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info on the WiFi. I'll try connecting to my 3G MiFi and see if if goes away. My next step is to do a complete restore, but I'd rather not.

Pandawg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine lags when I go to a website with a few flash elements on it. I would use Chrome beta or Dolphin if you don't like the lag. Those browsers don't lag much for me.

FoneFreak

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Chrome Beta is night and day better than the stock browser. Smoother scrolling, smoother pinch to zoom, no wait or stop hiccups, and more accurate touch response with faster loading pages.. After using it for 10 minutes I'm sold. The stock Browser was painful to use at times. Try it and see.

mikenzinbfe

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Chrome Beta is night and day better than the stock browser. Smoother scrolling, smoother pinch to zoom, no wait or stop hiccups, and more accurate touch response with faster loading pages.. After using it for 10 minutes I'm sold. The stock Browser was painful to use at times. Try it and see.

i have to second that. been using chrome since it came out a few days back and it works great.