Best Buy Exchanging Primes?

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
what would keep me from trading it is I bought the skinomi carbon fiber for both the keyboard/table $30, gumdrop case $50 and my wifi isnt that bad unless I go to the backyard since my router it upstair. I don`1t really use the GPS that much,but I have it on just in case I look for a location. And Bestbuy said ones I trade it in , I`d have to buy a new 1yr warranty for the infiniti (rip off). So what do you guys think? I need some opinion.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Will those accessories work for the infinity? Also, how old is your prime?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd go to a different best buy, you don't have to buy the warranty, call them on their BS, they're bluffing IMO. They wouldn't make you buy the warranty if you were replacing for another TF201, why should you have to pay the warranty for the TF700?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, that does seem kinda strange. Especially since it's sorta like a recall. Not sure why they would tell you that, do they make commission on sales like that?

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
They wont work, bcus they changes a few things on the infiniti, like the volume rocker location etc. I bought mine Feb of this year.

---------- Post Merged at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Yeah the warranty is bogus! I`m not about to buy another one year, it should be carried to the new product.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Wait wait wait, are we talking about the manufacturer warranty? If so, and, this is technically a new purchase, you should get a brand new one year warranty through Asus. You wouldn't be dealing with Best Buy if something went wrong with the tablet anyway, you'd be dealing with Asus, so, who cares what BB says.

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Wait wait wait, are we talking about the manufacturer warranty? If so, and, this is technically a new purchase, you should get a brand new one year warranty through Asus. You wouldn't be dealing with Best Buy if something went wrong with the tablet anyway, you'd be dealing with Asus, so, who cares what BB says.

Oh no no no...I`m talking about bb 1yr warranty $99. Sorry I didn`t elaborate.

---------- Post Merged at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:32 PM ----------

wait Asus have 1yr manufacture warranty?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I believe it's one year, yes. Check the documentation for your Prime. It should say what the warranty is. Seems kinda like the standard for devices like these.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, that's what it sounds like. You will get a new receipt with your TF700 and can register it and everything. It's a totally different product.

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Took my Prime in to Best Buy today at lunch, expecting a hassle about the return and having to explain the wifi defect, blahblahblah...None what so ever, quick and easy exchange for the Infinity. Wish things were that smooth all the time.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Weird that some people can do it easily, but some can't do it all, and others can do it but with some difficulty. Doesn't sound like a company strategy....

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The issue is probably the employees. I would assume they have one policy, but, employees are either ignorant of the policy, don't understand how it works, or, are just trying to give people a hard time.

Schafudd

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey 4 Star General,

What are yous guys saying when you go in? I'd love to off load mine and get an Infinity.
Wondering if i should go in and talk to a manager just to make sure and then comeback with my tablet or if i should just show up and push for it.

Thanks guys!
S

Pandawg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
The issue is probably the employees. I would assume they have one policy, but, employees are either ignorant of the policy, don't understand how it works, or, are just trying to give people a hard time.

Sums up Best Buy employees.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
What are yous guys saying when you go in? I'd love to off load mine and get an Infinity.
Wondering if i should go in and talk to a manager just to make sure and then comeback with my tablet or if i should just show up and push for it.

When you take it to customer service, tell them that it appears to be defective and ask for a warranty return. Make it clear you're talking about the manufacturer's warranty, not the BB 1 year service plan or whatever (assuming that you have one). Explain that the wifi has always been sketchy and that the GPS has never worked. Once they verify this it should be clear sailing. Just remember that technically you are asking for a return, not a swap. Once they give you credit for the return you can get whatever you want. The CS people where I went were trying to convince me to get a Galaxy Tab instead, but you should be able to get whatever with the credit.

Pandawg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
When you take it to customer service, tell them that it appears to be defective and ask for a warranty return. Make it clear you're talking about the manufacturer's warranty, not the BB 1 year service plan or whatever (assuming that you have one). Explain that the wifi has always been sketchy and that the GPS has never worked. Once they verify this it should be clear sailing. Just remember that technically you are asking for a return, not a swap. Once they give you credit for the return you can get whatever you want. The CS people where I went were trying to convince me to get a Galaxy Tab instead, but you should be able to get whatever with the credit.

Problem when I tried this is that they said it's been passed the 30 day return window, and I have to deal directly with ASUS.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member