Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts

Default Re: TF101 ICS Update Issues

I've been running 54 hours now without a reboot and I haven't tried any fix.

ROM
    All devices rooted.

I flashed the rooted but stock ICS release and then screwed it up by trying to flash revolver rom. Recovered and flashed the online original ICS. Didn't lose root, not sure why. Everything works fine. Good battery, no resets. I am inclined not to upgrade to the fix.

Disabling tegra zone is not a fix, it still shut off / rebooted just now.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace193 View Post
    Has anyone tried the tegra zone fix? Mine was worst after update #2 and I read in another thread to disable notifications in the tegra zone. I thought it seemed a little fishy but why not (who really uses tegra zone anyway). Since I did that,no random reboots,hasn't gotten stuck in boot loop and is back to normal. Going on 3 days now and the problems were constant before. Sorry if you covered earlier in the thread.
    scratch that... just caught it boot looping. #=$# YOU ASUS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by electric1 View Post
    Disabling tegra zone is not a fix, it still shut off / rebooted just now.
    Same here. I didn't help on my system. There can't be many more things to try to keep us amused until ASUS actually fixes this thing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I will say this, it is a lot better after the Tegra fix. Before it was doing the boot loop if I left it alone for more than an hour and rebooting often. now just once so far.

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts

Could it be the reboots would just stop on its own? I've done nothing to fix it and I'm 74 hours now without a single problem.

Edit: I should mention that I do have one problem. I have to turn wifi off then on when waking the tablet from sleep.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sloan; 03-18-2012 at 08:44 AM.

ROM
    2.3.4/ 1.4.1/ 4.0.3

anyone having volume issues? the sound (notifications, media, everything) on my TF eventually stops working and the only fix is a reset. Also having auto-rotate problems where it will stop working. The fix for that appears to be cycling the auto-rotate button. I apologize if this is on the forum already but i haven't seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by rpscott02 View Post
    anyone having volume issues? the sound (notifications, media, everything) on my TF eventually stops working and the only fix is a reset. Also having auto-rotate problems where it will stop working. The fix for that appears to be cycling the auto-rotate button. I apologize if this is on the forum already but i haven't seen it.
    I have had both. Pretty annoying.

ROM
    Stock rooted

My sound is being weird. When I get a notification (or play the notification sounds manually) it sounds garbled. I rebooted and it was better but then did it again later.
    You know, I've never met anyone like you before. Usually when I meet someone new I feel awkward and shy. But with you it's different.

Mine has hung a few times - either powered off or just hung on a blank screen. It hasn't yet done this overnight, though, and holding the power button down for 10 or so seconds boots it back up. No other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by sloan View Post
    I've been running 54 hours now without a reboot and I haven't tried any fix.
    And to think that just a few days ago we were comparing notes, and the similarity of our TF failures.

Might I ask if you can tell me what you didn't do to fix your problem, so that I can't do it too?

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vicw926a4 View Post
    And to think that just a few days ago we were comparing notes, and the similarity of our TF failures.

Might I ask if you can tell me what you didn't do to fix your problem, so that I can't do it too?
    Well, after 74 hours of running well... today I decided to search for a game in TegraZone. Less than an hour later I got a reboot. Either it was really random or that app is a problem. It was the first time I used that app since my reinstall.

Hmmm.. So maybe disable Tegrazone?

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts

I'm not yet. Could be coincidence. I want to see how it does a little longer.

Got latest ICS update and disabled Tegra Zone, but still had random reboots. So, following some people's swearing that factory reset is the fix, did that last night, wiped everything clean, no restores, reinstalled minimum set of apps clean, disabled tegra zone again, etc etc. Tablet was squeaky clean as of last night... 12 hours later rebooted again during sleep.

Its probably obvious, but there is an uptime counter in settings/about menu, so you can easily see if your tablet rebooted recently. I'll be watching it, but its already clear that nothing fixes it for me.

ASUS people, if you read this, you suck!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by electric1 View Post
    Got latest ICS update and disabled Tegra Zone, but still had random reboots. So, following some people's swearing that factory reset is the fix, did that last night, wiped everything clean, no restores, reinstalled minimum set of apps clean, disabled tegra zone again, etc etc. Tablet was squeaky clean as of last night... 12 hours later rebooted again during sleep.

Its probably obvious, but there is an uptime counter in settings/about menu, so you can easily see if your tablet rebooted recently. I'll be watching it, but its already clear that nothing fixes it for me.

ASUS people, if you read this, you suck!!!!
    I feel your pain and have the exact issues you do with this tablet... However I'm going to give Asus a pass for now. Have you not read other forums and the reports of ICS on other tablets.. The Xoom for one example? I think this is possibly a bad scenario for the fragementation of Android. It appears to me..that this could be a watershed moment for the Android OS in general. If this is somehow not resolved across platforms, the entire android operating system may be remembered as a flash in the pan. This may be a testimony to the walled garden of Apple-no way this kind of issue would last long with the Apple IOS. Let's not even mention windows mobile...they must be licking their chops looking at this ICS begazzo. Google as a lot of clout behind it, but this is clearly not an Asus issue as much as an Android issue. I hope this is not the death knell for the Android OS.. Only time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by fldude99 View Post
    ...Have you not read other forums and the reports of ICS on other tablets.. The Xoom for one example? ...
    Actually, no, I have to admit I've been focused on the TF, and the issues continuously since ICS was released.
    I did read a ZDNET article a few days ago regarding of instability of Google's own apps, outlining some of the aberrant behavior I've seen with Gmail, which closely matched my own observations, but that's about it.

Are you saying that similar problems are being reported on other tablets?

Here's my problems since the last two ICS updates:
    1. Each time I go to turn it on from sleep mode, I have to hold the power button in, till it reboots itself , cause the normal touch of the button doesn't do it.

2. The battery doesn't hold but only for a few hours on the tablet, and the keyboard dock drains down within two to four hours. Without the ICS updates I was able to go at least 20 hrs.

That's my complaints.....

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts

I ran around 74 hours with no problems then rebooted after using TegraZone. Now I'm 34 hours no problem since then and I'm not touching TegraZone...will see how long this lasts.

It seems the ICS problems are more severe for some and not so much for others. This has me thinking that there are probably some apps which trigger the flaws in ICS and causing the reboots.

The only major problem I'm facing right now is wifi stops working when tablet sleeps...so I have to turn if off/on to get it going again.

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swade8 View Post
    Here's my problems since the last two ICS updates:
    1. Each time I go to turn it on from sleep mode, I have to hold the power button in, till it reboots itself , cause the normal touch of the button doesn't do it.

2. The battery doesn't hold but only for a few hours on the tablet, and the keyboard dock drains down within two to four hours. Without the ICS updates I was able to go at least 20 hrs.

That's my complaints.....

While my battery life is no where near bad as yours...I do have to say that my battery life was a little better on HC.

Quote Originally Posted by vicw926a4 View Post
    Actually, no, I have to admit I've been focused on the TF, and the issues continuously since ICS was released.
    I did read a ZDNET article a few days ago regarding of instability of Google's own apps, outlining some of the aberrant behavior I've seen with Gmail, which closely matched my own observations, but that's about it.

Are you saying that similar problems are being reported on other tablets?
    Ck this out:

Random Reboots seems to be not just a transformer problem but a ICS problem
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

I was pretty happy with the initial ICS update but after this most recent one I have noticed two main things.

1 - I get A LOT of scroll lag in both the stock browser and Chrome

2 - While using the Youtube app and other areas, I get some crazy graphical distortions on the screen. Its like the a large triangle of the screen goes all crazy with random colors etc.

Very troubled about the second issue. Im going to try a wipe tonight and see how that does...
    Phone - HTC One / Galaxy S3 w/CM10
    Tablet - Nexus 7 2013

Quote Originally Posted by pheatton View Post
    I was pretty happy with the initial ICS update but after this most recent one I have noticed two main things.

1 - I get A LOT of scroll lag in both the stock browser and Chrome

2 - While using the Youtube app and other areas, I get some crazy graphical distortions on the screen. Its like the a large triangle of the screen goes all crazy with random colors etc.

Very troubled about the second issue. Im going to try a wipe tonight and see how that does...
    Lol...lucky you. I'd be happy with that

Thank you for sharing that link. I just now discovered your response to me. That Motorola discussion is fascinating - I admire the fact that they are engaged with their customers on the issue, something that ASUS so far has failed to do. I just jumped out of bed at 2am after scanning it, to install the Wake Lock app, and pulled off the charger.

We'll see if it survives the night, if it keeps the TF out of Deep Sleep, and most importantly, if it prevents the reboots. I'm also tracking battery drain to see how badly that will be impacted.

Of course it will take some time to demonstrate if it will be a viable workaround for the problem for me.

I think the good news overall is that this could point back to the OS itself, and the fact that it may be impacting multiple manufacturers and their customers should intensify the pressure for a resolution.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast