TF101 ICS Update Issues

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
After the ICS update, my tab will no longer wake from sleep by pressing a key on the keyboard. The setting to disable this function is not checked either. It gets slightly annoying having to hit the button on the side during class when I need to start typing notes again.

Has anyone else seen this problem, or am I one of the few?

That's normal behavior. You should not be able to wake the tablet by pressing a key on the keyboard. If you can, the tablet is not sleeping

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My most annoying issue with ICS is that it will not connect to my PC via the USB cable anymore. (unless I'm just not doing it right). On Honeycomb all I had to do was plug it in and my computer would detect and allow me to transfer files. Now when I plug in the USB nothing happens. I know I can use ASUS' cloud app but that's just not a real option for me. Has anyone else had that problem? Or is there a trick I'm not performing? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jchapman

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
No offense, but maybe try dropbox? I've had my transformer since July last summer and have not had the need to connect to a PC at all

jbirdou

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
That's normal behavior. You should not be able to wake the tablet by pressing a key on the keyboard. If you can, the tablet is not sleeping

Not true. Before ICS, I was able to turn my tablet on from sleep by pressing the spacebar (my key of choice) just like you would on a laptop when the screen turns off. There is even an option in Asus customized settings to disable this exact feature.

So I ask again, is everyone else still able to wake their tablet by pressing a key?

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I was getting the problem where I could not wake the tablet after being on overnight. About 4 days ago, I turned off the check for update in the tegra zone and cleared the cache in Google+. Haven't had a problem since.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Not true. Before ICS, I was able to turn my tablet on from sleep by pressing the spacebar (my key of choice) just like you would on a laptop when the screen turns off. There is even an option in Asus customized settings to disable this exact feature.

So I ask again, is everyone else still able to wake their tablet by pressing a key?
I agree with you, and enabling or disabling the MobileDock Battery Saving mode on ICS no longer makes a difference on my TF either.

Fortunately, for me, it functions as if the feature is enabled, which what I want anyway, so it doesn't matter to me. I find zero inconvenience in tapping the Power button to awake, rather than tapping a key.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site

I don't know. I remember when Asus came out with an update way back on GB, it prevented the tablet from sleeping, and one of the characteristics is that the keyboard should not be able to wake the tablet. I believe that's correct, but I don't really care.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54