Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hjoachim
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped

Hello Everyone, this is my first posting.

On powering up my tablet I get a message "Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped" & I get no response to pressing the app drawer button. Hence, I can't get into any of my apps to fix the problem. Please help. I had another app (MyLibrary Lite) stop the same way a few weeks ago but that didn't matter. Does this happen a lot with this tablet?

Thanks
    Last edited by hjoachim; 01-26-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Default Re: Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped

Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the system cache partition. There might be some temporary system data stuck there that's causing a conflict. You won't lose any personal data or settings. Follow the instructions in this video, but make sure you select "wipe cache partition," and NOT "wipe data/factory reset."

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you for responding. The video was great.
    I used the "wipe cache partition" option as you suggested but it hasn't helped. I didn't get the "initialize" screen (with the crystal in the android belly) that they had on the video. Is this significant?
    I have also tried using a USB cable to send a new launcher app to the tablet & rebooting but this hasn't worked either. I rooted so that I could remove bloatware & replace it with better apps but I hadn't gotten around to the launcher. That's ALL I have done. I still have Jellybean. Any more ideas?
    Last edited by hjoachim; 01-26-2014 at 12:59 PM.

Hmm. Do you know which apps you deleted? This is always a risk when rooting and getting rid of bloat--you might accidentally get rid of something important. Did you back up the system before doing all of this?

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Panic is over!
    My husband has faster reflexes than me & managed to hit the app drawer button before the message window came up. I would still like to know if this problem was due to the tablet, Jellybean, whichever launcher app was installed or rooting?
    Thanks
    PS The ONLY apps I removed were non-system apps & yes, I have a UBT backup but without system apps. The BTU menu offered "Backup all with system apps (unsafe)" which I didn't want to risk. Now that I have my tablet running again I had better make a Titanium nandroid backup ASAP.
    Last edited by hjoachim; 01-26-2014 at 01:12 PM.
    B. Diddy likes this.

This seems to happen to my HD7 every time I download an app but by opening the file manger or settings app (quick response on the apps button) it seems to clear it every time. I did read somewhere that clearing a certain cache would clear the fault but don't know if this is the cached data in the storage page as there seems to be over 400meg in there. Is it safe to clear this?

Posted via Android Central App

You can download another launcher from Google Play. Just search Launchers in Google Play. My favorite launcher is Espier Launcher HD. It is free and it is like having Apple iOS 6 on Android.
    You can fool your friends thinking you have an Ipad.