My RCA Pro10 (RCT6203W46) Firmware update bricked my tablet, how can I unbrick this?

Batt4Christ

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
RCA Pro10 (RCT6203W46) Firmware Update Bricked tablet

RCA Pro10 RCT6203W46 purchased last November. Has been a more reliable device than my previous ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7... until last night...

Picked up device and hit the power button. It booted as usual. Soon after getting to the main home screen, a window came up notifying me of a Firmware update (I check the web and found that indeed, there is an update). So I tapped the button to approve. It began downloading, and a few moments later said it was going to reboot. Just as the screen was going off, I could just make out some notice with the word "error" in it... but of course could do nothing about it.

Device begins to boot, then:

http://i59.tinypic.com/120l5sp.jpg

Dead Android, "Android system recover"

It gives a list of options:
reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from cache
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
backup user data
restore user data

None of which resulted in any improvement.

I even tried the "restore user data", picking an older backup (when device was new). Nope. After reboot, still get the same screen. Not even selecting the factory reset option makes a difference.

Additionally - the screen will not shut off. The only way to get it off was to stick a pin in the RESET hole on the back. (And that makes no difference either, as when you press the power button, and it goes through the RCA logo screen, it then goes right back to the same dead Android screen.)

droohr

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I know it's been a year since this post, but this situation just happened to my son's rca pro 10 and I am at a loss to find an original rom to get it back running.

Dan Copeland

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I was so happy wheni found this someone else with the exact issue as me.

And then no love.......

Anyone?

I have adb sideload.... and usb drivers kinda working lol

.....RCA You suck

rct6203w46l boot loop, no custom recovery, dont know if it was rooted ( i was asked to check it out by someone and its their grand kids so who friggin know what happened)

its saying android -v05-v1.9.20-d2 So I guess maybe an attempt to update.....

I added a switch to the no removable battery, you cant get to recovery unless its completely off. and the only way to do that is remove the non-removable battery. meh it works... lol

Ill let ya know what happens........

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty