T700 Browser locking up

glennash

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Whydoes it seem more often than not Iget a message that the browser is not responding and do I want to wait to cancel? As soon as I hit wait it clears orrestarts. Very annoying

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I sometimes get that when a page is slow to load but this isn't necessarily your tablet. Some web sites are slow to load at times, or they may have a lot of content, such as photos, links to advertisements and so forth. Also, how is your connection speed and WiFi signal strength? Those can affect it too. I have installed Firefox as an alternate browser, and sometimes it may still give the message, but again it's probably the website, and not the tablet.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
This would be an interesting question to ask at XDA, where all the devs are. I disagree that these are web sites timing out, though.

The TF700 has only 1GB of RAM. IMHO, it should have 2GB. Add low RAM to the popular understanding that ASUS screwed up its software development, and it's understandable that, for now, the Transformer will be less responsive than we would like. When I was stock, I saw that browser message ALL the time. Running CleanROM instead of stock, I see that message (stock browser) once in 8 hours of use, if that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty