CNN Live TV & Xfinity Apps won't play video!! Anyone else??

Tat2Jr

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I got my tablet today (model: ASUS ZenPad S 8 Z580C-B1-BK) and I was leary of buying a tablet with an intel chip since I've only had tablets and phones with the normal mobile chip makers. I'm not sure if these problems are because of that or not.

The CNN app will play recorded videos fine, but it won't play Live TV. I enter my cable provider, and then it looks like it normally does when it starts to play. It shows the red bars on the top and bottom that control the volume and videotime. Then it stops and says "Unfortunately CNN has stopped".

The Xfinity app won't play any videos. I sign in, and then it looks like the chosen video is going to start, but then it kicks me right back to the page with the show choices.

Is anyone else having this problem? Can someone test either app for me and report back? I need to send this tablet back if these apps aren't working. Other than the browser these are the first few apps I've tried.... Not starting off well at all. I hope I didn't make a huge mistake.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Is it likely that it's the app that is the problem and not necessarily the tablet? I just got this tablet myself, and will test out the live video to see what happens.

I've contacted CNN before and they are good with responding to issues with the app.

Posted via the Android Central App

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm the same issue with CNN live video. I asked about this over on Reddit and someone suggested that the processor used in this tablet is different from other tablets and phones and this is most likely the reason for the issue with live video.

Tat2Jr

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah,I ended up hating this tablet and sent it back. What a piece of junk. I got a beautiful LG G Pad 8.3 with a normal 16x9 screen, and a normal processor so everything works! That tiny little 4x3 screen with such a high resolution made the Asus tablet unusable. I'll never buy an Intel based phone or tablet again. I don't think I'll buy another Asus product either. On their web page it suggests the z-stylus as a suggested accessory for the $200 version even though it only works with the more expensive version of this tablet. Wasted a week of my time plus I had to send it all back. If they were thinking I'd buy the more expensive version once I realized their suggested stylus didn't work with the tablet I ordered they were sadly mistaken.

Last edited:

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I've also now discovered that I cannot view videos in the ABC player application (ABC makes you download an application to view TV shows).

What is about the Intel chip in this tablet that doesn't allow streaming of live TV from CNN and doesn't allow viewing video content on ABC? I have an Intel chip in my computer and don't have these issues.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
In taking a look at the LG website, they have two LG g pads. In looking at the features, they both seem to be the same. Is the difference between the two a 16gb/32gb or 32/64?

Mike Weagley

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Try again I emailed tech support a couple weeks ago and believe or not they have fixed the issue.

Thank you,
Mike

nappinglady

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
I have been having the same issue. I have Asus Memo pad 7 and can't get it to play live tv... it used to do it just fine. Have emailed and nothing back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo