Update Help

loco90

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I have installed CM7 on my NC with an SD card and want to update the stock firmware. It always stops because of the clockwork recovery. Also, I can't get the last CM update installed on my SD. It keeps telling me that there is an update available and goes through the process of updating but it doesn't install. HELP!!

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have installed CM7 on my NC with an SD card and want to update the stock firmware. It always stops because of the clockwork recovery. Also, I can't get the last CM update installed on my SD. It keeps telling me that there is an update available and goes through the process of updating but it doesn't install. HELP!!

To update CM7, put the latest .zip on the boor partition of the card and reboot.

To get your internal ROM back to stock and updated I am going to assume that you somehow installed CWR internally. To get rid of it and get to the latest stock ROM (1.3), put this file on a non booting SD card, boot into recover and choose factory reset - wipe system/data, wipe cache, go to advanced and wipe Davlick, go back and choose install .zip from SD card (not update) and install this file and reboot.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30572895/Nook_Color/update-nc-stock-1.3.zip

Reactions: soundsource

loco90

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
To update CM7, put the latest .zip on the boor partition of the card and reboot.

To get your internal ROM back to stock and updated I am going to assume that you somehow installed CWR internally. To get rid of it and get to the latest stock ROM (1.3), put this file on a non booting SD card, boot into recover and choose factory reset - wipe system/data, wipe cache, go to advanced and wipe Davlick, go back and choose install .zip from SD card (not update) and install this file and reboot.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30572895/Nook_Color/update-nc-stock-1.3.zip

Thanks, I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out. Sounds like I just need to follow your simple directions.

loco90

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Everything is back and working correctly and I have updated to 1.3 and am now looking forward to1.4!
Lesson learned: If you are running CM7 off of an SD, LEAVE CLOCKWORK ALONE!!!!

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the easy to follow instructions patruns. One problem/question: After getting back to stock I went into the 'About your NC' screen and it states the software version as 1.2.0. I thought the update zip I flashed was version 1.3? The file is even named 'update-nc-stock-1.3.zip'. Not a big deal but I would like to be on the latest stock software.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the easy to follow instructions patruns. One problem/question: After getting back to stock I went into the 'About your NC' screen and it states the software version as 1.2.0. I thought the update zip I flashed was version 1.3? The file is even named 'update-nc-stock-1.3.zip'. Not a big deal but I would like to be on the latest stock software.

Just upgrade through B&N

---------------------------------
Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pre-dawn raid

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Everything is back and working correctly and I have updated to 1.3 and am now looking forward to1.4!
Lesson learned: If you are running CM7 off of an SD, LEAVE CLOCKWORK ALONE!!!!

I agree. If it says anywhere in the instructions ;)to start wiping and you are starting with a fresh card.... STOP!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress