techiechick

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I keep hearing that I can pick up a nook color for $250, but I'm only seeing them for $300??

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

miniaturepeddler

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Some third party providers are taking advantage of the situation. If you goto Amazon, a 3rd party retailer has it for $300 and I've seen some at that price on eBay.
It all goes to show how popular this tablet is!!
But B&N has had decent availability of the tablet at their retail stores.
I know that they were out when I went to pick one up, and I simply placed myself on a call list with them and they had it for me in two days. So the stores are being restocked quickly!

bugeyed

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, no need to go to the bay. Especially with the issues like no sound after sleep, touchscreen quirkiness & bad charger etc, I would definitely buy at a brick mortar store. I had 2 of the three problems that I listed, so being able to exchange 2 units kept me in the game. If I had had to mail them back, I would probably not have made it to the third & perfect one!

Cheers,
kev

Axe

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Quick diagnosis

What is the quickest way to check for the 3 problems mentioned:

No Sound After Sleep
Touchscreen Quirkiness
Bad Charger

I ask this because I ordered one from B&N online that should arrive this week or next, I hope to not need to mail it back. Perhaps they can exchange the device in-store if it exhibits any of these issues, but probably not.

bugeyed

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
What is the quickest way to check for the 3 problems mentioned:

No Sound After Sleep Check sound (Vol key), put to sleep for >10 sec.,(quick press of pwr.), Wake it (Quick press of Pwr.) Check sound. if it doesn't work, reboot & repeat.
Touchscreen Quirkiness Run crossword puzzle & try to select a box on the right column.
Bad Charger Try to use the keyboard (with the cable plugged into the Nook Color charger & charging). Look for unresponsive keystrokes & multiple keystrokes.

I ask this because I ordered one from B&N online that should arrive this week or next, I hope to not need to mail it back. Perhaps they can exchange the device in-store if it exhibits any of these issues, but probably not. Probably so! Talk to a manager if you have to. Explain that you know that these are previously reported issues & you need to check out the new one before leaving the store.

10 characters

Axe

May 19, 2010
Visit site
In case anyone else wondered, over on xda, reported flaws grew into this list so far:

Bezel Issues:
Damaged\Scratched bezel from factory
Creaky bezel
Black bar around nook button not level\flush with screen
Backlight leak between black bar and screen
Bezel separating and showing glue

Screen Issues:
Dead\Stuck Pixels
Unresponsive\Glitchy Touchscreen
Flickering issues
Dust under screen from factory
Uneven Backlight

Sound Issues:
Sound drops when going into sleep mode

Charging Issues:
Would not boot\reboot after plugging in to charge
Does not charge

Button Issues:
'Mushy'\broken power button
'Nook' button set at odd angle

USB Port Issues:
USB cable hard to plug it
USB Port does not work

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I have one with the 'Nook' button at an odd angle (my first NC was fine)... It's not enough to make me return it... yet...

GrillMouster

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Peridically Best Buy releases 10% off coupons. There's currently one out there that expired today. In the exclusions it doesn't specifically exclude the Nook or the Nook color. Does anyone who knows the coupons I'm talking about know if BB will accept it for the NC, bringing the price down $25?