Copying current SD card froyo install to new SD card

sydmusic

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have been using a class 4 SD card running Froyo. I am going to buy a new class 10 one and want to just copy this SD exactly as it is to that one -- i've got the install pretty well tweaked to where I like it. I'm familiar with using dd in terminal to move an image. How do I create that image on mac os of the card I have now? Is it as simple as using disk utility (the app) or is there some command line having to do with disktutil that will do this? If you don't know how specifically in mac, pointing me in the direction of generic directions for this would be helpful.

thanks!
s

AlterZgo

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Don't have an answer to your question, but be careful with the type of Class 10 cards, you buy. I just bought a class 10 16GB Patriot card and, after running into many issues trying to boot Froyo, I found out others were having issues w/ 16GB class 10 cards.

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think the easiest way would be to use dd to copy it to your computer and then copy from there to the new sd card. If they are the same size, you should be done. If the newer card is larger you could then use Easeus to resize the virtual sd partition (I haven't found an app for doing this on a Mac). It wouldn't work if the newer card is smaller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez