Buying a used NC, what to beware of??

gunguy05

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I am looking at a used NC, both on ebay and CL. Is there anything that I need to look for as far as firmware, changes that can't be updated with a download etc. I want to be able to run CM7 and have a tablet to also play movies and such on for the little guy. Are there any major difference than that and a wifi only tablet.. it looks to good to be true that I could get a decent wifi tablet for less than 250 bucks.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Barnes and noble is holding a press conference tomorrow (tuesday) where they may announce an updated version. This would possibly mean price drops on the current version.

I bought mine last week. Don't be like me =P

Sent via Tapatalk

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am looking at a used NC, both on ebay and CL. Is there anything that I need to look for as far as firmware, changes that can't be updated with a download etc. I want to be able to run CM7 and have a tablet to also play movies and such on for the little guy. Are there any major difference than that and a wifi only tablet.. it looks to good to be true that I could get a decent wifi tablet for less than 250 bucks.

The Nook is very easy to root and play with.

You can either build up a sd card to boot into CM7 and run from that or you can dump CM7 direct to internal mem.

It runs very stable and can give you everything you would like in a table, pretty much.

Keep in mind, it is an e-reader.... but it does make a pretty good tablet. I run Netflix with zero issues... I watch movies whether they be mp4... avi..... as long as they are formated properly, they play awesome.

so, the nook is open to just about anything you want to do with it... The support and developers out here are awesome and jump to help...

Lego

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87